On April 5, Yaniv Sagee, Executive Director of the Givat Haviva National Education Campus, the Center for Shared Society and Jewish-Arab Center for Peace, joined Hillel students and staff for brunch prior to meetings with campus officials to further expand the Texas A&M and Israel relationship.
On April 13th Texas A&M Hillel and Aggie Students Supporting Israel hosted our second annual Israel Fair in Rudder Plaza! With hundreds students in attendance, the event was a huge success!
The event served as a tour through Israeli life, starting by getting a “passport” at the welcome table that would be stamped at each table you attended. When completed you could turn in your stamped passport for giveaways such as t-shirts, phone cases, wristbands, candy and more! The event also featured authentic live music and a photo wall in front of a mock Western Wall. Tables included…
On Tuesday, March 8, Texas A&M Hillel and Aggie Students Supporting Israel hosted Artists 4 Israel fon Simpson Drill Field at Texas A&M University. We invited a select group of artists that are internationally recognized for their graffiti work. Their goal was to come to campus to paint a giant pro-peace mural while instructing students in how to create their own spray painted message of support.
On Thursday February 18th, Hillel and Aggie Students Supporting Israel had the pleasure of hosting two Israeli soldiers as a part of Stand With Us and the Israel Soldiers Tour to tell their stories about their life and the reality of their time in the Israel Defense Force.
Last week Texas A&M Hillel had to pleasure of hosting Professor Shelley Wachsmann for our first Israel Coffee Talk in our monthly series. Dr. Wachsmann grew up in an Orthodox family with a father as a rabbi. At the young age of fourteen Professor Wachsmann was sent to seminary school in Chicago, which he was promptly kicked out of after one year. However, he finished his Jewish education at a Jewish high school.
Upcoming events to look forward to include…
- EVERY Tuesday 1-3pm: Chilling with D. Free. Meet up with Danielle at the MSC Starbucks for free coffee.
- Wednesday, February 3, 8-10:30 pm: Cookies and Keeping the Faith. Come decorate cookies and watch a romantic comedy in the spirit of Valentine’s Day.
- EVERY Thursday 9-10am: Torah Thursday with Rabbi Matt at Blue Baker. This Thursday and every Thursday meet Rabbi Matt at Blue Baker on Dominik for a bagel and Torah study.
- Thursday, February 4, 7-8pm: Israel Coffee talk at Hillel Our first in a series of Israel Coffee talks, you don’t want to miss this with Dr. Shelley Waschmann to talk about Biblical archaeology in Israel.
- Friday, February 5, 6:30pm: Chinese New Year Shabbat
- Friday, February 12-14: Aggie Jewish Open House. Events include Shabbat at Hillel, Dinner at Chabad, Aggieland Saturday, and Havdalah at Hillel.
- Saturday, February 27: Habitat for Humanity. Contact Danielle if you are interested or for more information.