Each winter break and summer break, Hillel at Texas A&M sponsors a free Taglit-Birthright Israel trip. There is a $250 deposit required for birthright, which is refunded at the end of a successful trip. Students are often responsible for their own airfare to and from the destination city (often New York).
Registration for our winter break Hillel at Texas A&M Taglit-Birthright Israel trip begins on September 9. Register on the Hillel birthright page and select Texas A&M as your school to take the Hillel bus with your fellow Aggies and Jewish Student Life Coordinator Veronica Beskin.
Taglit-Birthright Israel is an innovative partnership between the people of Israel through the Government of Israel, private philanthropists through the Birthright Israel Foundation and Jewish communities around the world (North American Jewish Federations, Keren Hayesod, and The Jewish Agency for Israel). This trip is a gift from Taglit-Birthright Israel.
Travel With Hillel
Hillel participates in a variety of Alternative Break programs. Programs include trips to disaster-stricken areas to help rebuild, trips overseas to visit isolated Jewish communities.
During the 2014-2015 school year, we anticipate sending students on the following trips:
- November 2-3, 2014: AIPAC National Summit in Dallas
- December-January: Winter break Taglit Birthright Israel trip (registration begins September 9 at freeisraeltrip.org)
- January 11-18, 2014: Jewish Disaster Response Corps Alternative Break Trip to assist with disaster recovery in Arkansas or Mississippi.
- March 1-3, 2015: AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington D.C.
- March 15-22, 2015: JDC Entwine Hillels of Texas trip to Jewish communities in Hungary and Romania.
- May, 2015: Summer Taglit Birthright Israel trip
- August, 2015: Hillel Institute for new Engagement Interns in St. Louis (2015-2016 engagement interns only, applications available in the spring.)
If you’re interested in any of these trips, please contact Rabbi Matt Rosenberg at email@example.com.