On Tuesday, March 8, Texas A&M Hillel and Aggie Students Supporting Israel hosted Artists 4 Israel fon Simpson Drill Field at Texas A&M University. We invited a select group of artists that are internationally recognized for their graffiti work. Their goal was to come to campus to paint a giant pro-peace mural while instructing students in how to create their own spray painted message of support.Artists 4 Israel goal is to beautify communities, uplift people and promote artistic and cultural freedoms of Israel. On the Artist 4 Israel website their main objectives are listed as…
- Provide artists with direct access to Israel so they can learn about the Middle East without the opinions and influence of third parties.
- Counter the misconception that the arts community has a monolithic opinion about this area of the world.
- Utilize the arts to refute propaganda.
- Strengthen Israel’s freedoms that make it a home for art and expression
- Beautify the landscape and strengthen the spirit of the people of Israel and the Middle East.
Thus, the founding members of Artist 4 Israel made a stand against this and came together to express their support for Israel and its artistic and cultural freedoms.
In 2010 Artist 4 Israel traveled with ten famous graffiti artists and painted the bomb shelters where innocent children hid from Hamas rockets. This week we had the pleasure of them coming to Texas A&M’s campus to show artistic freedom and spread awareness about Israel.